Tuesday, October 23, 2012

a rainy day, lots of books, & an upcoming fall p.j. party!

Well, another fun couple of weeks have passed yet again!

Of course it rained on our monthly service project day! What better way to get out and serve than in the rain, right? It sure puts things into perspective... for parents. Ha! Those kiddos didn't mind the rain one bit! I think this service was more for us mommas, at least it was for this momma. Believe me, coffee and a slow morning were sounding good when the thunder set in ; )



All in all, we had a great time out and about loving on local businesses who serve our little community. Later that day, while in the local store-- the Librarian came up to me and said, "Thank you so much for the cookies the homeschool kids brought by today. It made my whole day happy."

I wasn't in the group that delivered to the library. So, those of you who were, you made her day!














Afterwards, lots of kiddos, fun mommas, and muddy little people flooded the gibson home-- something I always love dearly.

it never fails... one day it will snap ; )




you might be a homeschooler if you have an actual cash register in your room.



The following week we had lots of fun with lots of books. With it being fall break, we had several people not able to make it but it was still a fun field trip. Mrs. Susan at the Vinita Public Library did a great job showing us around and teaching us awesome library tools online.  



yes, that is my daughter, Emmyn sitting on Mrs. Susan the librarian's lap.
My kids know no strangers, sheesh!












Afterwards we went to the local park for lunch and play! One of our kiddos stopped by to show off her first "kill" (oh, mommas that was hard for me to type) It was her very first time out hunting and sure enough, she had a BIG 'ol Deer in the back of that truck! 

Oh my goodness.


See? You just never know what you're going to learn about?! 

This week is our Fall PJ Party. We will be meeting at the church at 9:30, mommas to set up for PARTY TIME ; ) Then the kids will go to electives from 10:00-11:00.

K-1 -- fun art or fun science (teacher choice)
2-3 -- fun art or fun science (teacher choice)
4th and up girls -- we will do scrap-booking since there is so much food already
4th and up boys-- will head over to Tyler's house for Hands on Horses.

At 11:00 we will move into party mode! Mommas, please remember what station you selected and get with whoever you need help from. If I can help in any way, be sure to contact me.

I believe we planned to have the following:

cake walk - kati
ring toss - jeanna
carnival type games - susan and helper
icky, sticky table - lydia
fall craftiness- tiffany s

... hmmmm what am I missing? Don't forget to wear your PJ's!

Everyone is to bring a side dish to share-- I say no sweets ; ) Drinks, Meatballs, and Nachos will be provided. 


Oh, it's just so much fun!

Joyfully serving you and those crazy kiddos of ours, 

Kati =)


No comments:

Post a Comment